There’s a lot to do when you get married, but we’ve put together this list of 6 things to remember on your wedding day that as wedding pros, we believe are the most important.
At Glengariff Historic Estate, we’ve planned, and hosted thousands of weddings and we understand the little details and special touches can have the biggest impact and create your special unique touch.
But in our experience, it’s also important not to sweat the small stuff. While you may have planned for months (or even years), sometimes things will happen that will be out of anyone’s control and what you need to remember is to just enjoy your day and have a great time and create as many beautiful memories you can.
It’s important to remember what the day is all about and try to enjoy it no matter what. But you can also be prepared for a range of unexpected situations to ensure your day goes as smoothly as possible.
Important Tips for Brides on Their Wedding Day
- Take a moment to reflect on the day ahead
Take a moment to yourself before the day gets too busy.
There will be plenty to do throughout the event and lots of people to talk to, so it’s a good idea to pause and gather your thoughts beforehand.
And once the festivities are underway remember to enjoy every moment – it’s a cliché but time really does fly when you’re having fun.
- Eat breakfast! Relax and breathe.
Starting the day off right is so important, especially by filling your tummy.
Wedding Day Nerves aren’t uncommon so just try to relax as much as possible and don’t forget to breathe!
- Ask a bridesmaid/groomsman to remind you both to drink water and eat
No one wants to be dehydrated and end up with a headache or feeling faint on their big day.
That’s why we suggest enlisting a member of your bridal party to remind you to drink water and eat. When there’s so much going on, these essential tasks can easily go by the wayside.
- Don’t forget to have a bridal prep bag/survival kit
Make sure your maid of honour, mother or bridesmaid oversees your bridal survival kit.
We recommend they pack perfume, mints, Panadol, deodorant, gum, lip gloss and lip stick, Band-Aids.
- Bring flat shoes to change in for photos and dance time
Don’t let sore feet ruin your wedding day and night!
If your shoes are just for show and not the most comfortable, or easy to walk in, it’s worth having a second pair for photos and dancing!
- Last but DEFINITELY not least – Enjoy your day!!!
Savour each and every moment!
Why Couples Love our Award-Winning Brisbane Wedding Venue
- We have all-inclusive packages to make it easy for you (link to blog)
- Professional Wedding Coordinator on staff (link to blog)
- Stunning scenery, sweeping mountain views and picturesque Estate
- More than 30 locations for jaw-dropping wedding photos (link to blog)
- Located just 45 minutes from Brisbane’s CBD with options of hiring coaches or stay at one of our local B&B’s.
- You have exclusive use of our 230-acre property and Estate for your ceremony and reception with only one wedding held at Glengariff at a time.
- Facilities to get ready in ; Our Bridal villa which is an entire house fully equipped and have panoramic views looking across Moreton bay, uninterrupted views of rolling mountains and is right above Glengariff property looking down onto the estate, great for videographers with drones. Plus for the boys we have the Gentleman’s lounge as a pre arrival area to relax and play some pool before the ceremony.
- Unique family run estate with rich history and still operated by the sixth generation
- High ratio of staff at a wedding for full guests and table service
- No minimum guest number required for a wedding we can tailor packages to suit your needs.
- “Our Gift to you” – Complimentary accommodation included in the afternoon/evening wedding packages.
- We do all the set up for you and place out the name cards with no extra charge.
- Always Plenty of food, staff and drinks to ensure a seamless and perfect wedding.
6 things to remember on your wedding day
At Glengariff, we want to make sure your wedding day goes off without a hitch!
Talk to our friendly and professional team today to learn more about tying the knot at our stunning venue.
Glengariff Historic Estate is a family-owned property which boasts a beautiful homestead and stunning grounds spanning 230-acres just a short 45-minute drive from Brisbane’s CBD.
Our award-winning venue has been in the same family for six generations and we love nothing more than sharing our breath-taking property exclusively with you on your special day.
While we might not be able to celebrate with a large gathering at this time, that just means you’ve got more time to plan that perfect day!