If you’re about to walk down the aisle and you’re not feeling prepared, we’ve put together a list of 8 things to remember the day before your wedding.
Glengariff is a celebrated wedding venue in South-East Queensland and if you decide to get married at our stunning 230-acre property we’ll do everything we can to ensure your big day to runs smoothly.
But if you’re not celebrating with us, we hope you find our tips in this blog helpful.
Wedding Countdown: What to do the day before your wedding
You’ve picked up your gown, suits, rings and there’s only one more sleep until you say ‘I do’ to your loved one!
Trust us when we say your wedding day will be busy enough, so the less there is to worry about the better! That’s why it’s a good idea to knock over as many tasks as you can the day before.
Here’s what we recommend:
- Pack your overnight bag for your wedding night. If you can take it to your accommodation or leave it at your wedding venue the day before.
- Drop off any items to the venue, such as your seating chart/bonbonnieres and name cards.
- Give the rings to the appropriate person and remind them to bring them on the wedding day!
- Have your vows and speeches completed. Make a couple of copies – keep one on you and give one to the celebrant or minister and one to a family member or bridal party member.
- Pack a wedding day survival kit for the day (including perfume, gum, lip stick, Band-Aids, sewing kit etc) and decide who’ll take charge of it.
- Have your own checklist for the two of you on the day. For example:
- Wedding attire *(all steamed, ironed or pressed before the day + don’t forget your accessories, including jewellery, cufflinks, pocket square and tie. Get your shoes ready – heels and flats for the bride!)
- Bridal party gifts
- Deodorant and perfume or aftershave
- Wedding rings
- Copy of your vows and speeches
- Assign one of your bridesmaids/groomsmen to remind you to drink water, eat and help you stay on top of your checklist.
- Have a good rest and sleep the night before.
8 Things to Remember the Day Before Your Wedding
We love to see your perfect day come to life at Glengariff.
Glengariff Historic Estate is a family-owned property which boasts a beautiful homestead and stunning grounds spanning 230-acres just a short 45-minute drive from Brisbane’s CBD.
Our award-winning venue has been in the same family for six generations and we love nothing more than sharing our breath-taking property exclusively with you on your special day.
While we might not be able to celebrate with a large gathering at this time, that just means you’ve got more time to plan that perfect day!