For couples searching for Brisbane’s most instagrammable wedding venue to host their big day, Glengariff Historic Estate won’t disappoint.
Our stunning property has more than 30 locations to snap memorable photos which will leave a lasting impression on your friends, family members and followers.
In this blog we’ve included some of our favourite places to capture breath-taking photos and why we think you’ll love them too.
Wedding Photo Locations at Glengariff
Our property and its jaw-dropping grounds span 230-acres, that means the photo shoot locations are plentiful with many backdrop options to suit your tastes.
We have rolling terraces, a heart-shaped lake and a tree-lined drive, which all make for perfect settings - especially during golden hour and sunset.
And depending on what season you’re tying the knot, there are jacaranda trees, palm trees, giant fig trees, sunflowers and assorted coloured bougainvillea which also offer stunning photo opportunities.
Favourite Locations for Wedding Photos
- The Lake is in the shape of a love heart and has a beautiful water feature in the middle. Anywhere around the lake can be a great spot for special photos.
- The Jetty overlooks our heart-shaped lake. It has a beautiful tropical garden, a little bridge and a day bed situated on it.
- The Lake Seat is positioned under a beautiful old tree and overlooks the lake.
- The Pencil Pines line our country gravel road which runs through the property. It gives a very Tuscan feel to our couple’s photos.
- The Love Swing hangs from a beautiful big gum tree which is surrounded by the flowing grassed areas.
- The Rose Garden has amazing rows of colourful flowers which offer lots of different photo opportunities.
- The Waterfall is surrounded by tropical plant life and has a bridge across it which allows the couple to get photos with the waterfall right behind them.
- The Vineyard has rows of beautiful green foliage during Summer months and bramble vines during Winter months, creating a vintage vibe.
- The Stone Arbors give an old-world feel to all photos and are situated in several places on the property. They are perfect for couple shots.
- The View from Glengariff spans across uninterrupted rolling hills and mountain ranges.
- The Tropical Walk is full of beautiful flora and presents many opportunities for pictures.
- Our Wrought Iron Gate is black and has an old-world charm. It provides a unique photo opportunity at our front entrance.
- The Picture Frame is a life-size wooden frame on one of the terraces.
- The Bridal Villa has a balcony boasting a 180-degree view of the Brisbane Hinterland. It also has an ornate lounge suite and areas to hang the bride’s dress for the very popular “bridal dress photo”.
- The Gentleman’s Lounge is a rustic barn with big wooden barn doors, a wall with old farm tools and wooden barrels outside the entrance. Inside it has a pool table, a chesterfield couch and a display of old liquor bottles. It’s a great spot to get photos of the groomsmen getting ready.
- The Antique Room is full of family antiques and heirlooms. This room, with its fireplace, chesterfield lounges and day bed, provides the perfect spot for couples hoping to step back in time and create some old-world photos.
Brisbane’s Most Instagrammable Wedding Venue
No matter what style of wedding you’re having, there are so many stunning locations to capture perfect pictures at Glengariff Historic Estate.
Glengariff Historic Estate is a family-owned property which boasts a beautiful homestead and stunning grounds spanning 230-acres just a short 45-minute drive from Brisbane’s CBD.
Our award-winning venue has been in the same family for six generations and we love nothing more than sharing our breath-taking property exclusively with you on your special day.