You may already know what your perfect wedding day looks like, but if you’re yet to make up your mind, or you and your partner can’t agree on a theme, here are some different wedding styles ideas.
At Glengariff Historic Estate, we can create a celebration which is in line with any theme you wish – including vintage, romantic, traditional, modern, rustic, and even specific colour themes.
Our grand old homestead sits on 230-acres, which means the photo opportunities are endless!
We work with all our couples to add special personal touches to their celebration and can transform the space so it’s ideal for any wedding style.
Things to Consider When Picking a Wedding Theme
Let your vision lead the way when deciding your wedding theme!
Inspiration is everywhere – but try not to become overwhelmed! We find what makes your day personable are the little touches which have special meaning.
Here are some questions to ask yourself when deciding your theme;
- How did you both meet or what did your first date entail?
- Favourite colour?
- What is your dream wedding theme?
- What are your favourite things to enjoy together? (e.g. food, movies, drinks, art, travel, fishing, gym)
- How do you want the atmosphere to be on your wedding day?
Themed Weddings at Glengariff Historic Estate
No matter what style you decide on, the features and ambience alone at Glengariff create the perfect setting for an unforgettable celebration.
Some of the most popular themes we see are:
- Rustic: Couples who pick a rustic theme often feature our barn in their pictures. Receptions are also held in our estate room with its rich rustic wood and large log centrepieces to help bring your theme to life.
You can read more about the use of our barn in this blog here.
- Vintage: Glengariff has been one of Queensland’s premier historic family estates since 1876, so there really aren’t many venues better suited to a vintage-styled celebration. We have an antique room which contains family air looms and antiques, and our reception area and our wrought iron front gate also have the old-world charm of the 1920s.
- Traditional/Classic: We get a lot of couples who don’t do a full theme or colour scheme and want the clean crispy classical look, so this is one style we have mastered.
- Romantic: We have a ‘love swing’ which hangs from a gum tree by our heart-shaped lake. They are just two of the dozens of photo locations at Glengariff which are perfect for any romantic style wedding.
Take a look at some of the other picturesque photo locations we have to offer on our blog here.
Glengariff’s All-Inclusive Wedding Packages
Couples who decide to tie the knot at Glengariff should take note of which decorative items are included in our packages, so they don’t waste money buying things they don’t need.
We can bring in a colour scheme with coloured linen or napkins. And depending on the chosen theme, couples can also opt for one of our centrepieces.
Read more about our all-inclusive packages in our blog here.
Unique Ideas for Your Wedding Day
While every celebration is special and unique in its own way, if you need some more inspiration, take a look at our blog here.
It details some out-of-the-box or uncommon ways couples have made their day different at Glengariff.
Different Wedding Styles Ideas
We love making dream days become a reality for our happy couples. It doesn’t matter what your wedding style is, at Glengariff, we will make it come to life!
We look forward to welcoming you to our homestead. Send us an enquiry or give us a call on (07) 3425 1299.
Glengariff Historic Estate is a family-owned property which boasts a beautiful homestead and stunning grounds spanning 230-acres just a short 45-minute drive from Brisbane’s CBD.
Our award-winning venue has been in the same family for six generations and we love nothing more than sharing our breath-taking property exclusively with you on your special day.
While we might not be able to celebrate with a large gathering at this time, that just means you’ve got more time to plan that perfect day!