If you’re searching for helpful tips and tricks when planning your wedding, the team at Glengariff Historic Estate has plenty of experience in this area!
Our stunning venue, which is just 45-minutes from Brisbane’s CBD, is one of Queensland’s oldest privately-owned properties and has been in our family for 140 years and six generations.
We host close to 150 weddings a year at our estate, and have lots of advice no matter where you are in the planning process.
Keep reading our blog to find out more or contact our experienced team on (07) 3425 1299 to find out more.
Meet Channing: Our Wedding and Function Coordinator
Before we reveal our wedding checklist, I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I’m Channing Wrightson – Glengariff’s dedicated wedding and function coordinator.
I first began working at Glengariff at 14-years-old serving at weddings and helping to set them up. Now I run and operate Glengariff with my fiancé Dan. I am also the sixth generation of our family property along with my twin brother Bryce.
I have organised hundreds of weddings and have a wealth of knowledge in the hospitality industry.
As your wedding and function coordinator, I correspond with you from beginning to end of your planning process and am there for you on your wedding night.
During your celebration, I help with:
- Planning and running of your wedding day
- Liaising with all contractors throughout the wedding
- Making sure all guests are taken care of – alongside our other professional staff
- Most importantly – I ensure things run smoothly so you can relax on your wedding day and enjoy it!
Wedding Planning Checklist: Tips and Timeline to Help Your Day Run Smoothly
So, you’ve found the love of your life and set a date to say “I Do”, but are a little overwhelmed with planning the big day.
When it comes to tips and tricks – we provide our happy couples with a checklist. If they stick to the below timeline of jobs, it can make for a much smoother celebration.
12 + months
- Discuss your budget and decide who is contributing what
- Pick your wedding party
- Start compiling a guest list
- Begin choosing a team of wedding pro’s- photographer, videographer, florist etc
- Browse wedding dress styles
- Choose bridal party attire and accessories and have fittings
- Book celebrant, photographer, videographer, DJ/band, florist
- Establish a fitness routine and a skincare/beauty routine
- Post your save the date cards
- Refine guest list if needed
- Create gift registries
- Browse wedding invitation designs, stationary, menu cards etc
- Start planning honeymoon
- Explore wedding day hair and makeup
- Meet with celebrant to discuss ceremony plans
- Choose cake style and schedule tastings
- Book transportation to and from the venue – if needed
- Finalise colour scheme/ theme for wedding
- Choose flowers for: bouquets, venue, cake, boutonnieres
- Schedule dress fittings
- Book honeymoon flights and hotels
- Order wedding cake and cake topper
- Explore/Order bonbonniere (thank-you gifts for guests)
- Finalise timings of celebration
- Finalise guest list and send out invitations
- Plan ceremony and reception seating
- Finalise reception menu – find out any dietary requirements
- Finalise centrepieces and decorations
- Order name cards and menu cards
- Purchase guest book, flower basket, ring bearer pillow, personal toasting flutes
- Finalise payments for vendors
- Finish vows and speeches for your special day
- Ensure all wedding music is downloaded onto an iphone/smartphone/ipod and plays properly –if not having a DJ or band
- Get spa treatments with the bridal party
The Day Before
- Get manicure and pedicure
- Give wedding rings to the best man
- Pack overnight bags for overnight accommodation
- Get to bed at a decent hour!
YOUR WEDDING DAY- ENJOY!
- Eat a good breakfast and enjoy some small snacks throughout the day! (muesli bars, fruit, nuts, crackers)
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get ready
- Most of all- relax, smile and soak in every incredible moment!
Helpful Tips and Tricks When Planning Your Wedding
At Glengariff, we pride ourselves on great service, plenty of food and drinks, and lots of professional staff to ensure your day runs smoothly.
We also love it when couples incorporate their own traditions into the celebration and will always help to make your unique vision become a reality.
Book your Glengariff wedding today on (07) 3425 1299.
Glengariff Historic Estate is a family-owned property which boasts a beautiful homestead and stunning grounds spanning 230-acres just a short 45-minute drive from Brisbane’s CBD.
Our award-winning venue has been in the same family for six generations and we love nothing more than sharing our breath-taking property exclusively with you on your special day.
While we might not be able to celebrate with a large gathering at this time, that just means you’ve got more time to plan that perfect day!