If you’re wondering: ‘How can I make my wedding unique?’ The event experts at Glengariff Historic Estate offer up a range of suggestions in our latest blog.
No two weddings are ever the same – just as every couple is unlike any other. And at Glengariff we work with every couple to ensure your day fulfils your dreams and desires.
When you pick our award-winning venue, you start with a beautiful yet blank canvas.
Our team of professionals help to bring your special day to life and tie in colour, theme, style, vibe and all the little touches that are important to you and make your relationship unique.
How can I make my wedding more personal?
No pair has had the same journey and your wedding day should be a celebration of who you both are as individuals and as a couple.
Here are some of our unique wedding ideas we can make a reality at Glengariff Historic Estate:
- Share special moments you’ve had as a couple:
- Showcase your favourite memories by compiling a video which plays in the background
- Create a picture board which includes your fun times together
Expert tip: Have a photobooth or polaroid camera to capture special moments and give your guests a bit of extra fun at your wedding. The images they take home will become a keepsake they cherish for years to come.
- Include your favourite hobbies or interests within the party
- If you like adventure, games and puzzles you might have a scavenger hunt, or lawn games on the terrace
- Do you like Jenga? Get your guests to sign a piece and every time you play together you can see what your friends and family wrote.
- Pick a wedding theme you love and be creative with it
- Include your 4-legged family members
- If you are wanting a theme e.g “Harry Potter” or “Animals” have the unique experience of an Owl flying in as your ring bearer (We’ve seen it!) or your fur baby.
- Include your 4-legged family members
- Make an unforgettable entrance
It’s so easy to amaze your guests when you arrive at Glengariff on your wedding day. Take their breath away with:
- This tends to be more popular for the groom, but why not do something unique and arrive with your partner!
- Horse and carriage arrival
- Special vintage, luxury or muscle cars.
Other Special Touches We’ve Seen at Glengariff Weddings
Incorporating beautiful touches to your wedding day can make it truly your own and fill the room with warmth, love and happiness all in one. We see dozens of creative gifts and inclusions each year, including:
Unforgettable Gifts for Wedding Guests
- Bonbonniere gift symbolising “a perfect pair” and everyone received a fruit pear
- CD which included the bride and groom’s top love songs shared together. It was played on their wedding day.
Memorable Wedding Day Inclusions
- Important meal: One couple hired an ice cream cart, which they put on the terrace under the stars. They were able to share their favourite flavour and the first flavour shared as a couple with their guests.
- Cultural dances: A few weddings have included lion dancing during the reception.
- Special live entertainment: We’ve seen fire twirlers, belly dancers and many other amazing dances.
- Family heirlooms: One couple used a cake topper, knife and server which had been passed down through three generations.
- Sentimental gift: One flower girl used petals which were dried from the first bunch of flowers the bride ever received from the groom.
How can I make my wedding unique?
At Glengariff we understand how special your wedding day is, which is why we do everything we can to ensure it’s just as you pictured it. Find out more today by giving us a call today on (07) 3425 1299, or enquire online here.
Glengariff Historic Estate is a family-owned property which boasts a beautiful homestead and stunning grounds spanning 230-acres just a short 45-minute drive from Brisbane’s CBD.
Our award-winning venue has been in the same family for six generations and we love nothing more than sharing our breath-taking property exclusively with you on your special day.
While we might not be able to celebrate with a large gathering at this time, that just means you’ve got more time to plan that perfect day!