There are so many perks to having a daytime celebration at our idyllic lunch wedding venue near Brisbane.
Our garden terrace is the perfect spot to say I do at any time of day, with its spectacular views facing out to the west and overlooking our 230-acre property with its heart-shaped dam.
Plus, we also offer all-inclusive lunch packages, which are very popular because they’re affordable and keep the wedding planning simple for you.
Keep reading our blog as we outline our inclusions for our lunchtime celebrations and offer tips on how to make the most of a day-time event.
Lunch Weddings at Glengariff: Our Ceremony Inclusions
Lunch wedding ceremonies at Glengariff Historic Estate generally begin at 9am, with the reception wrapping up by 1pm.
The venue hire is for 4 hours, including the ceremony, and we include a 3-hour standard beverage package.
Ceremonies for lunch celebrations are held at The Terrace, which is our dedicated ceremony space (unless the weather has other plans).
For ceremonies we also include:
- 10-metre red carpet,
- Faux floral arrangements made from silk,
- 40 Tiffany Chairs,
- Welcome drink for guests on arrival,
- Registry table and chair, and
- PA System with full surround sound.
Lunch Weddings at Glengariff: Our Reception Inclusions
Receptions for lunch weddings are an hour less than those in the evenings. They are typically held in the Vintage Room or the Estate Room.
We serve mouth-watering canapes for 1 hour, and then couples can choose a Cocktail Soirée or Alternate Drop menu. Your wedding cake is served as dessert.
For receptions we include:
- Exclusive use of reception area, grounds and gardens,
- Experienced wedding co-ordinator,
- Decorations for bridal table and cake table,
- Antique cake stand, cake knife and server,
- All linen (table cloths and napkins) – with colour options included
- Wishing well,
- High ratio of staff to guests, as well as full table service,
- Lectern and cordless microphone for speeches, and
- Plenty of parking
Tips For Making Your Lunch Wedding Special
Every wedding celebration is unique, but there are plenty of ways to add your own personal touches.
Our suggestions for a lunch wedding are:
- A signature cocktail – something fruity to suit the lunchtime wedding,
- Brightly coloured centrepieces and set up,
- A tea ceremony or other cultural or family traditions,
- Have a themed wedding e.g. Great Gatsby theme,
- Include your pet in your special day (we’ve even had an owl as a ring bearer!)
- Hire some lounges for the terrace and relax outdoors while enjoying canapes and drinks,
- Arrive in style by helicopter, and as you’re not losing light you can go for a scenic flight over the venue and your guests.
Lunch Wedding Venue Brisbane
If a lunch time wedding is your idea of the perfect celebration reach out to Glengariff today on (07) 3425 1299, or send an enquiry here.
Glengariff Historic Estate is a family-owned property which boasts a beautiful homestead and stunning grounds spanning 230-acres just a short 45-minute drive from Brisbane’s CBD.
Our award-winning venue has been in the same family for six generations and we love nothing more than sharing our breath-taking property exclusively with you on your special day.
While we might not be able to celebrate with a large gathering at this time, that just means you’ve got more time to plan that perfect day!